The Veterans Transition Center is now accepting applications for the following position:
Facilities Support Specialist
The selected applicant will support our existing facilities and housing team members in the management of all VTC facilities and coordinate with case managers to support our resident Veterans.
Hourly / Level I / Facilities / $12 to $16 per hour / Standard Benefits
Shared Employee – Facilities Manager and Housing Director
May 16, 2017
Applications Accepted Until Filled
Submit resumes via email: Careers@VTCMonterey.org or via Mail:
Veterans Transition Center
Attn: Human Resources
220 12th Street
Marina, CA 93933
The Facilities Support Specialist assists the Facilities Manager in the maintenance of Veterans Transition Center (VTC) facilities and the Housing Director in administration of resident leases, inspections, resident and tenant relations, and other duties as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs typical maintenance and custodial tasks to support the housing community, headquarters building, and other VTC facilities.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machinery and the building or grounds as required.
- Coordinates work order processing, prioritization, compliance, follow-up, and resolution.
- Maintains and updates filing system(s) for the facilities and housing department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizes and prioritizes information.
- Coordinates with Housing Director and Case Managers to conduct housing inspections, safety checks, and compliance inspections in VTC managed residential facilities.
- Supports Housing Director in identifying permanent housing solutions for resident Veterans.
- Communicates with residents and tenants as needed to ensure great customer service.
- Reports to appropriate department any deficiencies or unresolved issues with VTC facilities.
- Coordinates with VTC staff, donors, and supporters to retrieve and process donated items.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to frequently lift and/or move objects individually of up to 70 pounds, and in tandem of up to 150 pounds, to include the moving of furniture, household goods, or other equipment. Employees are expected to observe all proper safety precautions, and use appropriate equipment and tools as proscribed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. Local travel may occur during the duty day as necessary to fulfill the needs of the position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school or technical school education and three years of related experience in a multi-family residential maintenance environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Property Management certification
- Associates degree or vocational education specializing in facilities or property management.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Applicant must possess the legal right to work in the United States.
The Veterans Transition Center provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Download PDF File PDF
To view PDF files, you must have Adobe Reader. To download a free copy, please visit Adobe’s Web Site. If you use the plug-in version, simply close the browser window after you have finished reading the PDF to go back to our site.